Dedicated Attorneys Serving Injured Workers in New Jersey
Accidents and safety hazards commonly found at construction sites can result in devastating injuries to workers. Construction workers must perform their job duties in dangerous conditions every day, which puts them at risk of suffering the following types of injuries:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Fractured Bones
- Burn Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Knee & Ankle Injuries
- Neck, Shoulder, & Back Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Chemical Exposure Injuries
Common Causes of Construction Accident Injuries
The following are common construction accidents that can result is serious workplace injuries:
- Trench Collapse: Workers stuck under a collapsed trench can die from suffocation or suffer burn and crushing injuries.
- Electric Shock: Generators, power tools, and machinery can all cause electrocution injuries when they malfunction.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries: Construction work requires workers to perform the same tasks repeatedly, which can cause wear and tear on the muscles and soft tissues. This often limits the mobility of workers.
- Collapsed Scaffolding: OSHA requires construction companies to ensure all scaffolding is safe and stable. Falls from collapsed scaffolding can result in catastrophic injury or death.
- Failure to Use Protective Gear: Construction workers should always wear hardhats, safety glasses, and other personal protective equipment to prevent injury.
- Falls from Heights: Aside from collapsed scaffolding, construction workers are commonly injured from falls into holes and ditches on worksites.
We Can Help You Pursue Compensation
The medical expenses associated with construction accident injuries can be expensive and also require the injured worker to take time off from work to recover. Our team of experienced construction injury attorneys is here to help you recover maximum compensation for your injury damages. We are familiar with workers’ compensation law and construction injury claims, and we know which legal strategies produce the best results for our clients. Let us take a look at your case today.
Call (201) 870-1909 to schedule your free consultation with a New Jersey construction accident attorney. We can give you legal advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Do I need an attorney if I've already been offered a settlement?
The offer you received from the insurance company is almost certainly less than what you are entitled to, by a significant margin. Insurance companies, just like any other business, are structured to maximize their own profits, and in addition to offering a minimal amount in any settlement, they will also commonly employ aggressive tactics against claimants like you to discourage requests for full compensation. We can not only advise you of what your case is really worth, but also provide skilled representation to help you recover damages.
How much is my case worth?
Each personal injury case is unique, and your attorney will consult with you in detail to help you determine the full value of your claim. In any fair settlement, you should expect to receive enough money to cover all your medical bills, from emergency treatment at the scene of the accident to rehabilitative care to help you fully recover. Claims of this nature should also cover the amount of income you will lose due to the injury from missing work or inability to perform on your job, as well as compensation for the pain and suffering you experienced.
How long will it take to resolve my case?
A variety of factors will play into how long it takes to get your insurance settlement, from the availability of evidence to support your claim to how cooperative the insurance company is and how effectively you can prepare your case. At our firm, our legal team takes every case seriously and we will do everything possible to achieve a successful resolution for you. We will also keep you informed throughout the entire process about what you may be up against and how long you can expect your case to take.