Greg Shaffer has the requisite experience and well-honed litigation skills to handle complex cases. Greg is one of a small group of trial lawyers that have been certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey and has successfully argued many trials and appellate matters on factually complicated and highly contested legal issues on behalf of hundreds of injured clients and their families. A former investigator, Greg ascertains and identifies the pertinent facts necessary to prove these complex cases. And, as an accomplished litigator, he is able to advance cases from inception, through discovery, motions, trials, and if necessary, appellate action. Adept at supervising large caseloads, Greg is able to marshal resources and personnel to prosecute and resolve matters with multiple parties and multiple clients, while still ensuring that each client gets the attention and care they need. He has secured tens of millions-of-dollars for his clients in both high profile and more common cases.
After obtaining his Bachelor of Arts from Boston University in Massachusetts, Greg Shaffer chose to continue his education at the prestigious Rutgers School of Law, where he received his Juris Doctorate.
Attorney Greg Shaffer is one of only a small handful of lawyers who has been certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney. He is admitted to practice law in both New York and New Jersey, and has litigated cases all throughout the 50 states.
Areas of Practice
Attorney Shaffer is one of the most widely-varied attorneys at our firm. In addition to personal injury and wrongful death cases, he also handles medical malpractice issues, lead poisoning, and asbestos exposure. He also handles consumer law matters such as identity theft, privacy rights, and cybersecurity.
Honors & Awards
Attorney Shaffer was instrumental in assisting the victims of the 9/11 disaster with their legal issues, and served Trial Lawyers Care. For his efforts, he earned the 2004 Public Justice Achievement Award. He has also appeared in a number of media outlets, including Trial, Dictum, and the Star-Ledger.
Courtroom Successes & Notable Settlements
$4.5M Workplace Injury
- Client was working in an industrial manufacturing setting where he was exposed to toxic fumes, rendering a diagnosis of silicosis, ultimately requiring multiple lung transplants.
$1M Toxic Exposure in New York City
- Child suffered toxic exposure and permanent brain injury
$1M Workplace Injury
- Client was working for a large public utility and during a shift was subjected to toxic fumes, sustaining anoxic brain injury.
$968,000 Workplace Injury
- Client was continually exposed to asbestos in an industrial manufacturing workplace, and suffered mesothelioma, ultimately succumbing to his injuries.
$900,000 Workplace Injury
- Client required back and shoulder surgery after he slipped and fell in a convenience store.
$850,000 Automobile Injury
- Driver suffers back injury requiring surgery.
$820,000 Automobile Injury
- Driver suffers back, knee, and hip injuries requiring surgery.
$500,000 Pedestrian Accident
- Pedestrian hit by automobile experiences traumatic brain injury