The city of Queens, New York is located in western Long Island and shares a land border with Nassau County. for detailed information about Queens, this article will give you all the data regarding the city, Climate, Demographics, and population.

Geography of Queens

The geography of Queens is a combination of the geology and topography of the whole county and the city itself. Queens is mostly flat land, but it has some hills. The bay near Flushing Meadows Corona Park is an excellent location to watch one of the biggest sea birds in North America, a common egret or an osprey that flies high above the water's surface as it perches on its branches while searching for fish.

The whole region of Queens is surrounded by water and little creeks. There is a large freshwater wetland in Forest Park, just north of Rego Park. In addition to that, Queens has one of the largest natural areas in all of North America in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park. Other nature reserves include Cunningham Park & Kissena Corridor Park in Flushing, Queens, and Francis Lewis Park in Fresh Meadows, between two major highways, Cross Island Parkway and Long Island Expressway.

Queens: Climate

According to the Köppen Climate Classification, Queens' climate can be best described as humid subtropical because the area falls under Cfa and Cfb climates. Average year-round temperatures are about 60 (16). Summer temperatures in the area reach about 85 (29) for an average of 2.3 days each year. Winter temperatures are around 50 (10) for 11.1 days each year. Moreover, Annual rainfall is about 43 inches (1100 mm).

  • Average high () 39.0
  • Average low () 26.

Queens: Demographics and Population

The city of Queens is one of the five boroughs of New York City. As you can see in the picture above, Queens is mostly flat land, but it has some hills.

The total population of Queens is about 2,230,867 (2017 estimate), which is 8.54% of New York’s population. The city population is about 2,339,100 (2017 estimate), which is 9.26% of New York City’s population. As of the 2021 estimation, White Americans made up approximately 40% of the people in Queens. The other 60% of the population was Black or African American, Asian, and other races.

Demographic analysis of the queens population based on age, sex, and race is given here.

As of the census 2010 , there were 2,339,100 people, 895,077 households and 569,265 families residing in the city. The density of population was 11,859.2 per im every square mile (4,561.6/km²). additionally, there were 1,015,524 housing units with an average density of 4,701.0 per-square mile (1,810.1/km²). The Queen’s racial data makeup was 12.74% White, 83.80% Black/African American, 0.55% Native American, 3.45% Asian and Pacific Islander, 1.15% from other races, and 2.43% from two or three more races. Hispanic/ Latino of any race were 2.78% of the population.

There were 895,077 households, out of which 29.3% had children under 18 years living with them, and 31.7% were happily married couples and living together, 20.8% had a female householder who have no husband present, and 33.1% were non-families. 28.0% of all households with up of individuals and 12.7% had single persons living alone who had 65 years and abover

Still have questions?

Speak to an attorney today

Call now and be done