Brooklyn, New York Weather-Related Construction Accident Attorney
Have You Sustained a Construction-Related Injury Due to Weather in Brooklyn?
New York is home to all four seasons, and while this makes for picturesque landscapes, it also poses significant dangers to construction workers who must endure inclement weather and a variety of weather-related hazards that make their jobs even more dangerous. From freezing temperatures, ice, and snow to slush, rain, wind, and more, adverse weather conditions can rapidly transform a construction site into a very dangerous area to work in and around.
Brandon J. Broderick has handled numerous construction accident cases involving various weather-related conditions. Although these cases were all unique, they frequently involved the negligence and failures of businesses, contractors, and others responsible for ensuring worker and pedestrian safety. In addition to the fact that any error is magnified in adverse weather conditions, seasonal changes and weather conditions often require that specific steps be taken to ensure safety.
If the weather has caused or contributed to your injury at a construction site in Brooklyn, it is very important that, in order to protect your rights and livelihood, you consult with an attorney who is experienced in construction site accident cases. To evaluate whether or not a weather event has given rise to a special cause of action in your favor. The attorneys at The Law Offices of Brandon J. Broderick are available and ready to help you today with your weather related construction site injury claim. Call us today! (877) 740-7603
Weather Related Dangers on Construction Sites
Slippery surfaces, cold weather, and moisture are among the greatest dangers on any work site. Examples of common construction accidents and injuries involving these types of weather-related dangers include the following:
Explosions and fires in construction are generally brought on by:
- Accidents involving motor vehicles – Slick roads increase the likelihood of all types of auto accidents. If commercial vehicles are involved, the risk of serious and fatal injuries dramatically increases.
- Slips and falls – Slips and falls are among the leading causes of work-related injuries, and include not only falls on even surfaces but also falls from heights and accidents involving ladders, scaffolding, and lifts / hoists.
- Crane accidents – Cranes and hoists are key features on many worksites, but they can become hazards in poor weather, including high winds, rain, and snow.
- Accidents involving falling objects – In addition to posing risks for slips and falls and vehicle collisions, wet and slippery conditions can also increase risks for falling objects and injuries caused by being struck by an object.
- Weather-related injuries – Outdoor construction workers who perform their duties in inclement weather are subjected to additional stress on their skin and bodies, increasing their risk for injuries such as immersion / trench foot, hypothermia, and frostbite, particularly if they wear faulty safety equipment or lack the proper personal protective equipment (PPE). During the winter, the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning increases when gas-powered equipment (including heaters) is used in enclosed spaces.
- Electrocution / Fires – Wet conditions and downed power lines and trees can increase the risk of electrical injuries and electrocution. Rain or wind-caused damage to electrical wiring and gas lines may also result in fires and explosions.
- Building collapses – Buildings not built to code are more vulnerable to collapsing in adverse weather, as are structures under construction.
Weather is by no means a new phenomenon, which is why regulators and legislators are well aware of how inclement weather can increase the likelihood of various types of construction site accidents. As a result, there are frequent procedures that employers, property owners, and others must follow to ensure the safety of employees and anyone nearby. This includes adhering to various New York State Labor Laws, OSHA regulations, and rules prohibiting the use of certain machines, such as cranes, during high winds.
Discuss Your Claim With Brandon J. Broderick a Top Brooklyn Construction Site Injury Attorney Today
To ensure you receive full compensation for your losses, pain, and suffering, you must retain the services of an experienced construction accident attorney. Cases involving construction site injuries caused by weather can be extremely complex.
The Law Offices of Brandon J. Broderick, which represents victims of weather-related construction site accidents in Brooklyn, New York, will fight aggressively to uncover any safety regulations or rules that have been violated and will assist you in filing a lawsuit against those responsible for your injuries. Our team of skilled attorneys, staff, investigators, and experts will investigate your case thoroughly to ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are entitled.
Call (877) 740-7603 to discuss your claim today. There are no consultation fees, and cases are accepted on a contingency basis.